Sunday, March 6, 2011

Campaign Challenge

I've decided it's time to switch things up with this whole  "blogging" thing. In the beginning, to be honest I just did it as a requirement for a senior level class, but now I'm going to challenge myself. I'm going to challenge myself to find one PR triumph or disaster each day and to analyze how well the message is getting across to college students... OK, well college student aka me. Because let's be honest - its my last semester of senior year, this is the time when professors are just throwing as many random assignments that they can think of at this point.  So how does that sound? Good? Great. Grand. FANTASTIC! 
Here. We. Go.

[In my Bob Barker voice] Today's lucky contestant is

Phil Lozen and the oh so impressive PR team at Domino's are back at it again. To be honest, before I moved to college, I had never had a Domino's pizza. SHOCKING! I know... hey maybe if I tweet that [@PRCollegeGrad  Yes, that was self promotion] I'll end up getting Patrick Doyle to show up on my doorstep with a delicious pizza. Anyways, back to the campaign - I could not believe the newest commercial and the plan to Rate Tate.  If you think I'm going insane due to all the term papers I still have write... I'm not. That's their  "slogan" for the newest menu item - Chicken.  

After watching the commercial, the first thought that popped into my mind was "sucks to be that guy." I mean not only will he forever be known as the Chicken Man, he's probably never going to be able to walk down the street without hearing "I RATED YOU TATE!" Now, I haven't tried the chicken and most likely will not, but I thought it was so smart to put a "Rate Tate's Chicken" option on top of the boxes. Maybe once I do try the chicken I'll be able to answer this question but... how are you supposed to submit your rating? It's on top of the chicken box. Maybe you go online? If anyone has the answer let me know.

Overall, I love what the Domino's PR team has done in the past year or so in revamping the reputation of Domino's. All I hope is that 1. Tate is a real employee [ Ever wonder that? ] 2. If Tate does work for Domino's that his chicken does in fact  taste DELICIOUS otherwise Tate you should call up Steve Bartman and find out how he went undercover, because you might need some tips!



I love Tate's reaction to the box, wonder what happened when they told him he only gets a parking spot if he does well.

No comments:

Post a Comment