Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sony won't hold it against us, right?

Like many college females like myself who grew up listening to those oh so deep lyrics of Ms. Britney Spears [ex. I'm not a girl, not yet a woman ] I COULD NOT wait for BSpears to come back, for what the 4th time? and wow us all with "Hold It Against Me." I will admit, Britney's music is not the Beatles, but you know what - "All You Need is Love" doesn't get me nearly as pumped up while running as "Overprotected" will.  At first listen I fell in LOVE with H.I.A.M, so I naturally could not wait for the video. 

The hype for the choreography, graphics, and theme in general was all everyone could talk about, so I was happy I could finally see what all the "insiders" were talking about.  After watching the music video all I could think was
 HOLY PRODUCT PLACEMENT BATMAN!
In case you live under a rock and haven't seen the video yet, take at a look and try to count how many times the Sony logo is oh so delicately placed.

Now, I've had plenty of college professors ruin my favorite T.V. shows by using them as examples when we talk about product placement. I mean if its small enough that I rarely notice it, I'm OK with it... but Britney's editors didn't even attempt to make it discrete. While looking for stills of the product placement, the first article that came online claimed that B.Spears made... are you ready for this?
$500,000 from the product placement.

I can't even find an NON PAID internship, yet this chick gets a half a million for putting a T.V. in her video. God, my life sucks compared to this. I'd take $5 right now, I wouldn't be greedy. But after seeing the number she got paid, I'll admit it ... I would have done the
exact same thing.


Below are the products seen in the video [ in case you somehow manage to miss them.] I must say it's pretty fricken' impressive that Britney managed to place her own perfume. Now that takes talent.


No comments:

Post a Comment