Monday, March 7, 2011

Have a Magical Day!

Today is a very Disney day! I will admit right now that I will to my last breathe defend the Walt Disney Company, just not that girl whose name rhymes with Smiley Virus -haha, I thought that was clever.] So naturally, I fell in LOVE with Disney's "Let the Memories Begin" campaign.  I'll confess that I tear up during practically every cheesy moment in any Disney movie, so these commercials turn me into a big ol' ball bag. Don't judge, watch one of the commercials below and see for yourself...

Go ahead, take a moment to compose yourself.

I think what makes this campaign different than those previous, is that you see the real memories of real Disney guests and you have the ability to share your own memories on the Disney website. Click here to upload those embarrassing family photos in matching Mickey t shirts your mom made you wear.  That wasn't just my family right?

Disney is great at targeting not just children who want to go and experience Disneyland or Walt Disney World for the first time, but it also to appealing to parents who secretly, or not so secretly, want to act like kids.  With all the negative news that we are bombarded with each and everyday, commercials like Disney's remind us of when life what simple and worry free.  Each year Disney has a new campaign which is the theme for the year.  In the past the themes have been "Year of a Million Dreams" and "What Will You Celebrate?" All of which promote the Disney image and philosophy that, as Walt said it himself, 
"Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional."


Go ahead and "Let the Memories Begin" all the cool kids are doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment